Author Topic: Dogfight Throwdown #2!  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Syn

• Member+
  • Kappa
    • View Profile
Dogfight Throwdown #2!
« on: Aug 31 '13 03:18pm »
So Light left the day it commenced and pdbq was knocked out by a flood, we were in a bad spot right from the start :p

Then to make things worse, Light's servers weren't working for us, putting us at an immediate lack of servers.
   Then the user level for the referees weren't high enough to /admin slap.
  Then no referees really showed up.
  Then some teams didn't show at all

But even through massive adversary, iNoob managed to pull a decently organized DFT out where there were minor arguments, apart from of course Rd unhappy with their referee. ;-)

Here were the brackets for when the wiki comes back online.

These were the final players that actually showed up.

Teams

Rx
inoob
Syn

Pute
Rookie
Murk
Crypt

UndereS!timated
InK
Torn
Silent
Fujitsu (sub)

Wild West
asdf
ChildOfMary

Ramrod
J-Dawg
cookie
Nanu

Redemption
Soul
Kronkleberry
Gazelle
Illusion(sub)

Open team and "Crew" did not show.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
Re: Dogfight Throwdown #2!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01 '13 06:32pm »
Sorry.  I didn't have time to test thing out.  I threw up the settings he gave me and gave him the custom connect info just in case.  Then I had to leave.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
  • I don't have Insomnia. I have Internet connection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01 '13 07:46pm »
I don't think anyone was pissed this DFT. Everything ran so smoothly. However, the skill that presented itself was just. . .bad. Syn and I were so busy admining everything, trying to get Ref's and stuff and somehow we still won with everything happening around us. I had 3 tron windows open. Reffing 2 of them, and actually playing my matches in another one. Hopefully skill goes up the longer we have this running because I really don't want to win every single fucking one. Maybe we should just not have a Rx team the next DFT so that other people have a chance to win. We'll just admin it.

Offline illusions

• Ex-Rx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01 '13 07:53pm »
yeah inoob I think that would be a possibility.  After the dft, I talked to a few people to ask why they didn't have a team enter or why they didn't play, and they said, "What is the point, inoob is going to win next time anyway" O_o  Maybe even tell people that Rx will not be putting a team in the next dft and see how people react, it might even make the dft become more competitive to see who will win without an Rx team.  I think another reason why it wasn't as good as it could have been was because many people didn't show, 2 teams that would have been alright didn't show up, as well as members from other teams.

Offline Syn

• Member+
  • Kappa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02 '13 02:02am »
Nahhhhhhh that is an unquestionably bad move.

Why should the best have to quit to allow others to win? Why don't others just get better?
  If people don't want to play because they just know Rx will win, good riddance, the DFT will be better without them.

If anything it is an incentive to improve.

Offline illusions

• Ex-Rx
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02 '13 02:08am »
ahaha syn xD I don't know O_O I think it would benefit by creating more competitiveness within the df community. People have actually stopped because they think there is no hope LOL! If people don't play because they know Rx will win, how many teams do you think will be left? Not too many at all compared to how many could show up :o

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02 '13 02:20am »
You have to take one step at a time syn. When there's a extremely dominant team like us, it just makes them lose hope. We have been alive longer then most other Df clans and have tons of war experience. We've only lost one Df war, and that's when we were all scrubs. I'm not saying we shouldn't back out of all DFT's. . But just until the skill increases. If you have someone like Re or V being the top dogs of DFT it will give them more hope. (at least im hoping so). I mean, look how easily we wrecked V without even trying too hard. . Not to mention that I was the only one from out actual 'war team' that was playing. I would like to see V and Re get competitive.

Besides, I don't mind just admining it. And it doesn't stop any other Rx's signing up. . Just don't name it Rx lol. Illusion is right.  .He's not the only one who's heard that before. People instantly assume we're going to win, which isn't good.

Although I would normally have the attitude of 'fvck those noobs who don't want to get better'. More then all of that I want to see our tournament be successful.

Besides, I want to feel scared. . .Scared that there's actually a team out there that has the potential to beat us. I am extremely cocky only because I know without a doubt in my head that I can pwn all those peeps 1v3. I need someone to actually scare me, to have doubts. Makes things more interesting
« Last Edit: Sep 02 '13 02:36am by iNoob »

Offline illusions

• Ex-Rx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02 '13 03:44am »
inoob, today kroz was like, "inoob better watch his back, otherwise he is going to get pwnt" and he was actually srs.  He intends to get more competitive and beat Rx.  I think it could be good, just for 1 dft anyways and see how it goes.

Offline Syn

• Member+
  • Kappa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02 '13 05:46am »
Maybe its just me being hungry for blood then. Im pretty new in competitive DF but god damnit winning felt good. But i still think if teams don't want to compete cause they don't think they'll win then theyre just a waste of 3 players.
You don't see basketball teams dropping out cause theyre reachin 2nd. Not 1st

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02 '13 01:30pm »
Some people are hard at motivating them selfs. Not everyone has the hungryness for skill like v and re players do.  Lets just give it a try

Offline Syn

• Member+
  • Kappa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02 '13 02:23pm »
I don't agree with the decision. But i'll accept it.
 I'm also pretty sure V and Re players will be more mad because you're not playing calling you cocky or w/e, In fact i can 100% guarantee it.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02 '13 02:44pm »
They will play to dominate all other teams anyways. I want the scared mofos to sign up. V and re are nothing to worry about sense they're going to sign up anyways. 

Offline Syn

• Member+
  • Kappa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 02 '13 02:45pm »
Just spoke to InK and some nub in Re. They said if they won this DFT without Rx playing then it's not really a victory, they just beat other average teams.
Words of thought.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 02 '13 02:47pm »
Really ? I heard v beat re. So not entirely true. .and im sure Es got beat by either v or re.
« Last Edit: Sep 02 '13 02:49pm by iNoob »

Offline Syn

• Member+
  • Kappa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 02 '13 03:02pm »
Irrelevant, any team winning the next DFT hasn't really won until Rx has been knocked out.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sep 02 '13 05:41pm »
Irrelevant, that is impossible.

Offline illusions

• Ex-Rx
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 02 '13 06:20pm »
^ he speaks the truth.. :)

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 11 '13 07:42pm »
Hey I'm sorry I couldn't make it to this but, nature had other plans obviously. Grats on the win my bros.

Offline Syn

• Member+
  • Kappa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sep 12 '13 01:16am »
Hey I'm sorry I couldn't make it to this but, nature had other plans obviously. Grats on the win my bros.
it went a hella lot smoother than i thought it would without you to be honest. No doubt it wouldve been 10x better with you and the wiki there

* Rx Chat