Author Topic: Improvements for the Next DFT  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
Improvements for the Next DFT
« on: Apr 27 '13 09:26pm »
First, I'll explain why I wasn't able to make it.  I was caught off guard when Noob said to go to our server, but I was here on time (by accident). lol  Then, when I was switching between Skype and Arma, I had a problem on the comp.  I had to reboot, but I had to wait until the servers were empty, but I couldn't see.  I tried to get Noobie to tell me, but I couldn't get his attention, so rather than disrupting peoples' game, I just went off for a bit.

But now ...  I saw Pd wanted to try and improve logins, or the way we choose top users.  I can only think of one way this might work, and that's to create a login for each user, with a randomly generated password, and provide it to them via PM or E-Mail.  That could be a bit of a pain, but it would be a tad more secure.  Then we still have the problem of someone having access to their email 'cause it has the same pass or something ... idk.

I think our best bet is to just choose certain users, or refine the permissions.  I don't think team leaders need the ability to slap if we make sure to have enough refs for each server.

I banned Swag from the two servers while it was going on, and he's still banned from the one remaining on my hosting, but stuff like that will just continue to be a pain.  I think we should work on the permissions some for next time.

I know that this was basically our test run, so now we can make it better and better.

I thought it may be good to have a thread for this, so everyone can give their opinion on future tournaments.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
  • I don't have Insomnia. I have Internet connection
    • View Profile
Re: Improvements for the Next DFT
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28 '13 01:56am »
I want Swag banned from all Rx servers. He's permanently banned from the tournament as well. I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to ban him on sight every time he's in a server that I have admin powers on. That's the only way of getting him back that I could think of lol.

Vibe

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28 '13 04:07am »
The only way to get rid of him is to just keep banning until his proxies are too slow to wanna fuck with.  (Or find out where he lives and have a boot party).

Offline Had

• Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28 '13 04:30pm »
He's only 12.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28 '13 05:23pm »
I still think we should redo some of the permissions, so not so many people have the ability to do things like that.  I also wish I looked at the list, because it was pretty well known that DFR's account was taken over by Swag, and he never took the 2 seconds to change his pass.  He let himself get banned from forums too rather than going to change it.  Anyways ... :P

Vibe

« Reply #5 on: May 03 '13 06:05pm »
He's only 12.

Just means his wig will split sooner.

And where's the other quotation mark?  ^  lol

Offline Internal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12 '13 08:36pm »
Yeah i agree. I dislike swag but eh oh well if i have any chance to ban him which er nvm can't ban lawl anyways i'll report any sightings of swag onsight.
Dreaming of what you might get some day will never get you anywhere.

Aint nobody got time for dat shit..

Vibe

« Reply #7 on: May 24 '13 10:47pm »
Lieutenants get mod in Rx servers.  Make sure you got mod permissions, Internal.  If not, ask Light to upgrade your user level.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #8 on: May 25 '13 12:04am »
Lieutenants get mod in Rx servers.  Make sure you got mod permissions, Internal.  If not, ask Light to upgrade your user level.
Someone's behind on the times. :P  I updated her on the servers she plays.  I didn't do it on all because I was a little busy at the time.  If she wants them on others, all she has to do is ask, but since she don't play them, I don't think it matters anyways.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 07 '13 01:14pm »
You know when escaping in df you sometimes stab the tunneler inside your escape space ? We should note that somewhere as legal. It is the tunnel'rs fault for going back in. Unless he/she gets stabbed once outside the tunnel, it should be noted as legal

Should also note that if they break any of the illegal moves/laws & continue trapping..their point won't be counted. Even if the trappers opponent didn't die there.
« Last Edit: Aug 07 '13 04:54pm by iNoob »

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #10 on: Aug 07 '13 08:19pm »
You know when escaping in df you sometimes stab the tunneler inside your escape space ? We should note that somewhere as legal. It is the tunnel'rs fault for going back in. Unless he/she gets stabbed once outside the tunnel, it should be noted as legal
That's a tough one.  I know it should be considered legal, but to say it's legal to stab there may have people purposely stabbing and just claiming it was an accident.  Hell, you may even get digs saying it's legal.

I think it just needs a different way of being phrased.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 07 '13 08:57pm »
Then don't tunnel.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #12 on: Aug 07 '13 08:59pm »
A game of nothing but hook spams sounds pretty boring ...

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 07 '13 09:19pm »
You would be a dick, and look like a dick if you did stab someone like that over and over. This isnt regular play, this is a tournament. You're risking your life just to go back in and throw a tunnel in what should now be considered "escape space"
« Last Edit: Aug 08 '13 04:29pm by iNoob »

Offline illusions

• Ex-Rx
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 07 '13 10:38pm »
I agree with inoob, it should be legal. Perhaps if the ref notices something like that occurring often they can get a warning or something

Offline Syn

• Member+
  • Kappa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 09 '13 05:14pm »
I'd say leave it the the referee's discression, but certain players really don't like that. I would phrase it better, but i'm too tired to think of it myself right now.

* Rx Chat