Author Topic: Future of DFT  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
Future of DFT
« on: Jun 02 '13 07:29pm »
So, we saw the last one was pretty much a failure.  Do you guys plan on continuing this, or is it coming to an end?

I think we need more than one person to help take lead, rather than depending on just one to do it all (iNoob atm).  I can't personally do it, though I can help here 'n there as I do now.  I just don't have time to be counted on to be there at a certain time.

I will still host server(s) and the configs / auths if you guys want to continue it.  If not, I'll stop advertising it on Rx's DF servers, and take down the last server.

Let me know your thoughts.

Vibe

Re: Future of DFT
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04 '13 04:59am »
I think it was a great idea and it really did accomplish what we set out to do, which was get df active again, but it seems to be a lot of maintenance, and I hate that it all fell on inoob's shoulders.  If it has to be put down, so be it. 

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
  • I don't have Insomnia. I have Internet connection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04 '13 08:12am »
Was waiting for someone to reply lol. I agree. It's not even the wiki maintenance that is the trouble. .  I can always find time for that. It was mostly the godamn promotion. The first one was pro because I promoted that shit like every fucking day on tron. After that I got really busy and didn't have any time to get on tron. On top of all of that my computer broke right before it. We can make it a random thing :)
« Last Edit: Jun 04 '13 08:21am by iNoob »

Vibe

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07 '13 05:00pm »
i think random might work, whenever we feel like we wanna throw one, just market it again.  I agree that setting a regular date for it is setting ourselves up for failure.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07 '13 05:55pm »
So, should I remove the advertising on the East DF server that you see every round?

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 10 '13 12:57pm »
yeah go for it

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 19 '13 08:43pm »
I'm going to try and bring back DFT. It was requested by a bunch of dfers. After telling so many people that I don't have enough time to set it up every month i gave in.

There will be a few changes though. !eS.ink apparently want's in on the action. He will be hosting a 1v1 DFT as well. It's going to be completely different and separate from ours. I won't help him set it up. That will be his job. We will alternate hosting DFT's, switching between 3v3's and 1v1's.

Basically, you will only have to do the setup work every two months.

Light and Pd, you in?

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19 '13 08:54pm »
I can help with setting some stuff up, but I don't want to jump into leading (keeping everyone in order, the tourny running) another tournament.  I think SBX is enough for me when it comes to that.  Possibly too much. :X  We'll see.

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 19 '13 09:29pm »
I can take over over leadership of this, but i want to make sure that everyone knows that I'm the person organizing it, and that they need to come to me with any questions. Part of the problem last tourney (in my opinion) was that there was no clear leader to turn to when shit went down. I kind of assumed inoob was in charge because he set the wiki up and was heavily recruiting people for it, and i guess i thought light was kind in charge too because he set up all the servers/permissions and made a post on the arma forums, but then on the day of the tournament no one had a fucking clue what was going on.

i'm not blaming anyone, if anything i should have asked you guys what was going on. but basically if we are going to do this, we are going to do it right, and i don't want any confusion about who is responsible for what.

The main thing is, we need absolute clarity about which servers teams are supposed to meet in at what time, and what happens if one or more teams doesn't show up. the first dft, no one was in the right servers, and it was chaos. We need very specific procedural rules about that kind of thing (including substitutes) so that teams can't whine after the fact, when they get disqualified for not doing what they were supposed to do. there also needs to be more refs, and they all need to be assigned to specific servers, and there needs to be a document that can be posted on the wiki (like vibes) that plainly lay out the rules of dogfight. another thing, we have to be dead certain that everyone who is whitelisted for reffing is legit. having that bullshit where swag was able to log in time after time to slap everyone, just shat over the entire tournament.

Light, if you are only going to be providing servers/permissions (and not organizational help) I would prefer if I was the one to make a post on the arma forums about this tourney, so people don't come to you looking for clarification on anything. Also once there is a set date, if we could add back in the message promoting this on our servers that would be great. But I think it's a better idea to have it when you first enter the server rather than in between rounds so people can actually see what the link is and write it down or something. The message in between rounds goes by too quickly.

iNoob, you did an awesome job the first tournament of getting people to sign up, and if you had any time I would love for you to do that again.

Offline Syn

• Member+
  • Kappa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 20 '13 06:44am »
So here's my two cents, I appreciate this is just my opinion but this is what I think went wrong with the DFT.

Firstly was the activity, if a team signed up on the wiki; and something went wrong, even if they did know to turn to iNoob, they had no means of contacting them. I know this one from personaly experience ;)

Secondly was the promotion side of it, this excludes the first DFT because inoob worked his ass of promoting that and it showed. But for the second DFT nobody knew if it was even happening, there was advertisements on Rx east but not much else, if pdbq takes over during this crucial time of promotion and sign ups he needs to give the community some way of contacting him. Just my thoughts.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20 '13 12:32pm »
That sounds awesome pd, let's do it.

Don't forget to put rim stabs in the rules. Mother fuckers always forget. We should have a strict 'you're out of that round if you rim stab'.

« Last Edit: Jul 20 '13 01:01pm by iNoob »

Offline Dwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 20 '13 09:35pm »
PD I am all for it. Lead us back to a fun/true tourney.  Me zap and eez are READY!

Offline Internal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 21 '13 01:34am »
I agree i liked the idea i just didn't make it too the last one :'c
Dreaming of what you might get some day will never get you anywhere.

Aint nobody got time for dat shit..

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 21 '13 02:21am »
Okay, so I've updated the DFT wiki and set a date for it following past procedure (last saturday of the month). So, August 31st.

I've also made some official throwdown "loose" gameplay rules based on vibes post on the old forums. The rules can be found here.

Before I make a post to the arma forums some feedback on the wiki and rules would be great. Comments, questions, criticisms, suggestions, etc. Thanks :D

Also, light, can I count on you to be in charge of rounding up servers, doing permissions, cfgs, and all that jazz? I am pretty lost on all of that shiet.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 23 '13 06:41pm »
Are we doing same team as last time?

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jul 23 '13 09:13pm »
I'm down. Light, you in bradda?

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 23 '13 09:17pm »
Also, since no one posted any feedback I'm going to assume my rules and wiki page are flawless :P

So I'm gonna make a post on the arms forums in the next couple days. I see we already got 1 team signed up. I'm gonna make a lil post on df clans forums also. We need refs really bad. If we don't have enough I might just do that instead of play, dunno yet.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 24 '13 12:16am »

Syn volunteered to ref. We should make some kind of application process for that too.

Offline illusions

• Ex-Rx
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 24 '13 12:17am »
^ You don't want people that ref to not know proper loose or anything like that :P

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jul 26 '13 05:48am »

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jul 28 '13 01:00am »
Pd have you spammed forums yet?
If you haven't yet, I wouldn't mind doing it.

Ill just remind them on the same post vibe made from the first one.

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jul 28 '13 02:01am »
Haven't done it yet. I actually don't have accounts on most if them, I was going to make profiles sometime this weekend but if you'd post that would be awesome. I'd split the work with you, just let me know which forums you're hitting and ill do the others.

* Rx Chat