Poll

Which is the better phone?

Iphone
0 (0%)
Andriod
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Iphone vs Andriod  (Read 2262 times)

Offline bam

• Ex-Rx
  • but the stain in my pants will not..
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Iphone vs Andriod
« on: Mar 26 '15 12:16pm »
O.o

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Iphone vs Andriod
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26 '15 05:48pm »
I've had both. I like both. I had an iphone 4 then got an lg g2 which I still have. Part of why I like the android is because it is easy to customize without jailbreaking. My phone is maybe a little bit faster and has a bigger screen than the iphone. I like the app store, but a lot of good apps seem like they are iphone only...

This isn't really android specific, but my iphone was way sturdier than my g2. I dropped my iphone down a flight of stairs on to concrete (don't ask) and it still was perfect. Tiny dent. My g2s touch screen is getting wonky and the headphone jack doesn't work after about a year of use and a couple small drops.

I like them both, but if I had to pick I think I would get another android, just a different model. iOs is too limited and I don't want to waste my time jailbreaking it and dealing with that crap just to be able to make it do something android can do by default.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26 '15 06:01pm »
If you know me at all, you know I dislike Apple for many reasons.  Without touching on the company, I still would not fall under being a fan of iPhones and iPods.  This is probably extremely biased, as I'm a big fan of Linux, but Android has to win.

I'm also a long time fan of Google, and they keep getting better and better.  Linux is much more open and customizable than the iPhones allow, and provide you with a bit more customization.  I'll admit that I root my Android, so having to jailbreak isn't exactly an issue, but when you throw in things like Busybox, Android feels much more at home.  With Xposed, you can very easily customize the phone with new "built in" options and features.

Just a note for pd.  I had a Galaxy Epic 4G and didn't use a case, screen protector, or anything.  I've dropped it geocaching, rock climbing, on concrete multiple times, and much more ..  It had one tiny little scratch that you could barely see at a perfect angle.  Sturdy fucking phone, and it was Samsung running Android.  I can't say the same for my S4, but whatever ..  The different models are built differently, though it wouldn't surprise me if Apple put more into it.  They always tend to focus more on looks than anything else.

In the end, it's personal preference.  There's not much you can do on one that you can't do on the other when you get into it.  I would say Android lets you do a little more as Linux is very open, but I've never gotten far enough into iPhones to give a real opinion about that.

Offline illusions

• Ex-Rx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26 '15 06:30pm »
Well for me I've never had an android phone. I started out with an iphone 3 when I was younger and have just stuck the apple brand. Pls no hate xD

Offline Had

• Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26 '15 07:25pm »
smartphones are for losers

Offline illusions

• Ex-Rx
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26 '15 07:56pm »
Nokia 2210 are the way to go.

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26 '15 10:55pm »
To be fair Light, I'm not really a fan of Apple either. Though I don't understand the insane nerd haters they get. Sure their products are overpriced/underpowered comparatively and are difficult/impossible to change out parts. But their target market isn't people who give a shit about those issues, and I'm fine with that. It looks good. It's dead simple. Syncs easily if you have other Mac shit. I get it.

I am conflicted with Google honestly. I love their products but I really dislike their COLLECT ALL THE PERSONAL DATA ethos. If you use a gmail/youtube account, use google, chrome, and android.... Google knows so much fucking shit about you. Not that I have a personal problem with that, I don't give a shit if they know what I like, where I go, what I google. Doesn't bother me. I am just philosophically opposed to the idea of a company that has the capability to know so much about so many people without their reasonable consent. The combined databases of Google and Facebook are a George Orwell book waiting to happen.

tl:dr I'M NOT SAYING CONSPIRACY, BUT CONSPIRACY.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27 '15 05:39am »
Actually, I love that about Google.  It's not without consent either.  I personally add on just about everything they offer.  They track where my phone goes, my regular trips, they know where my car is parked, they know when I'm home, at work, in my car, etc.  They keep track of places I go more often than others.  I even give them my calendar so they remind me of shit and give me directions to wherever it says. lol

Maybe I'm not normal when it comes to this, but I don't see it as a bad thing the way they do things.  So much convenience.

As far as Apple thing goes, I think you answered your own question.

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27 '15 02:37pm »
It's not without consent either.
I would argue that a lot of people don't realize their data is being collected and don't have the technical savvy to opt out even if they did know. Just sayin.

Offline iNoob

• Administrator
  • I don't have Insomnia. I have Internet connection
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08 '15 04:03pm »
I've been an iPhone user for the longest. Idk what to tell you about androids, but I can tell you that iPhones are very nice, durable, and user friendly for people who aren't all that into phones. I just use my phone for basic communication apps, and some games.

Offline dukevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Rx hosting
« Reply #10 on: May 03 '15 08:12am »
I also have only used androids but don't hate apple. Mac OSX is very hard for me to get work done on having 8 windows open at once, it's a huge chore to manage. iphones have their use but I also like the customizations on android but I wouldn't mind an iphone.

This is probably extremely biased, as I'm a big fan of Linux, but Android has to win.
IOS is actually linux also, just like Mac OSX, it's just customized so you can't customize it

* Rx Chat