Author Topic: Pets!  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
Pets!
« on: Nov 29 '14 08:30pm »
We all have a pretty good idea of the nerdy computer stuff we're all into.  How about animal lovers here?  Maybe some of you could show off your pets?  I'll start ..

Toph & Rini
I'm not into Sailor Moon, but I also didn't name them.  I got them from a previous owner and fell in love with them.  Rats are quite possibly one of the nicest pets you could possibly have.  They like to keep you company, play, keep clean, and stay in a small area (cage) most of the time.  Given, mine are out chasing my cats a lot. lol  They love company, and are really good with my nephews and nieces who scare the shit outta all the cats we have.  They're always excited to play and hang around.

Oh, and if you're wondering, it's just a hamper lid I taped up to temporarily hold water.  They like to play around and go hunting for little rocks we have.  I have a hell of a time finding them afterwards. lol  They hide them everywhere.

Lilly
Since "being done with pets", this was my first.  She was adopted from the humane society at just over two years old.  She slept with me and hung out with me all the time while I was home alone.  She's my big baby. :P  You'd probably never see her though, since she's scared to be around most people.  She's deaf and she's always been a bit more worried about people / animals being around her, though she does surprisingly well with my rats.

Lacy
My younger kitten I got when she was just a newborn about 8 weeks old.  She's is a little less friendly to kids, but she loves being around adults.  If she don't know you, she'll come hide with me though.  She likes to hide under the covers on my bed like a little kid. lol  It's cute, but I feel bad when she's that scared.  I would say she's my baby too, but they all are.

Others ...
I volunteer at an animal wildlife rehabilitation center helping animals.  It's mostly cleaning and feeding and keeping them company.  I help take care of about 7 monkies, a lot of birds, even as big as a Macaw, an alligator (small), ferrets (may become someone's pet), kittens (currently all were taken in to forever homes), a few types of lizards, snakes (some big ones), flying squirrels, a goat, wallaby, chickens, rabbits, fox (poor guy had to have a leg removed, but he's doing well), a pig, a skunk, and a raccoon.  I think I got them all. :P

I would show pictures but, I'm not technically supposed to have pictures since it's a government building and is illegal to take pictures / videos and not supposed to even have my phone in there.  I can't say I've listened too well to them rules. lol  I love little memory pics of them.

So, what are you guys into, and what kind of pets do you have?

I just copy and pasted this from the Armagetron forums.  Post on either. :)

Offline Had

• Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Pets!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29 '14 09:11pm »
I'm looking to get a pomeranian.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29 '14 09:17pm »
I'm looking to get a pomeranian.
:) Small doggies are cute.  If I was gonna go with a dog though, I'd get something that's gonna grow a bit bigger.  I have to have them from babies though so they can trust me well and I can trust them.

Offline Dwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30 '14 06:08pm »

This is my little guy.  His name is Yogi.

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30 '14 06:47pm »
This is my little guy.  His name is Yogi.
We don't have permission to view it.

Offline Dwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30 '14 06:53pm »
Lets try this

Offline Dwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30 '14 06:55pm »
Heres another one of him after playing in the rain and mud

Offline dukevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Rx hosting
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01 '14 04:51am »
I have more birds but they don't fit. I also Have a fish tank with like 10 fish but no one cares about fish

ya that's right I made a collage just for you fucks

Offline dukevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Rx hosting
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01 '14 06:03am »
Dwiz that dog looks drunk

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01 '14 07:06am »
Do you have a large outside cage, or are they trained to stay?  Looked like one was cageless.  It'd be awesome, but I'd be too worried to try it, unless you have their wings clipped?  Also, fish can be pretty damn awesome to see.  I'll admit I find them boring as hell for a pet, I'd rather leave them be in a pond or ocean where they "belong", but everyone has their own thing.

Also, I love you for using your own birdies for an avatar.  I've always assumed it was some random online picture of a bird. lol

Offline Had

• Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01 '14 07:35am »
turtle i used to have

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01 '14 07:45am »
turtle i used to have
That's a perfect picture! :P  Instantly made me smile.

I found this big ass thing when I was out fourwheeling.  Had to stop and see him. :P

Offline Had

• Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01 '14 08:05am »
what a cutie

Offline Dwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 01 '14 07:05pm »
Dwiz that dog looks drunk
There is a large probability that could be the case.

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 01 '14 10:02pm »
lol what is that black bird duke. looks like a fucking crow.

Offline dukevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Rx hosting
« Reply #15 on: Dec 02 '14 04:45am »
Do you have a large outside cage, or are they trained to stay?  Looked like one was cageless.  It'd be awesome, but I'd be too worried to try it, unless you have their wings clipped?
Also, I love you for using your own birdies for an avatar.  I've always assumed it was some random online picture of a bird. lol

Some of them are in the same cage, some aren't. Some birds will kill each other so they have to be separate. All the parakeets are in an aviary but the rest of them are trained not to fly. I go shopping usually with a bird on my shoulder but I usually clip the wings for peace of mind but sometimes I don't. And yes, lol my avatars are my birds, I should change that one on gtalk haven't changed it in a long time.

Also, fish can be pretty damn awesome to see.  I'll admit I find them boring as hell for a pet, I'd rather leave them be in a pond or ocean where they "belong", but everyone has their own thing.
My tank is pretty legit, I got the whole moss and grass bottom thing going, fully planted and sustainable. Funny (or not so funny) thing is that almost all my fish died yesterday when I got back from Thanksgiving break because I forgot to turn the filter on when I left. I have some old pics I'll upload later.
lol what is that black bird duke. looks like a fucking crow.
It is a crow

Offline Kira

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lightron
« Reply #16 on: Dec 02 '14 07:13pm »
Funny (or not so funny) thing is that almost all my fish died yesterday when I got back from Thanksgiving break because I forgot to turn the filter on when I left. I have some old pics I'll upload later.
That's depressing. :(

Offline pdbq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 02 '14 10:30pm »
Dude I didn't know you could keep crows as pets. Is it not loud as fuck?

Offline bam

• Ex-Rx
  • but the stain in my pants will not..
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: Dec 02 '14 10:34pm »
i was thinking that too pd

Offline Drunk Duck

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 10 '15 05:27pm »
I have birds too  :) hey @dukevin

« Last Edit: Apr 10 '15 05:38pm by Drunk Duck »

Offline Drunk Duck

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 10 '15 05:30pm »
And I got one little sausage :)

« Last Edit: Apr 10 '15 05:38pm by Drunk Duck »

Offline dukevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Rx hosting
« Reply #21 on: May 03 '15 08:18am »
Those are some nice birds duck, that amazon looks really happy. Does that conure get along fine with it?

* Rx Chat